Valentine's Day joke-It's the thought that counts

My dear wife is always going on and on and on about NOT making a fuss over her on Valentine's Day.

She repeats that it's the thought that counts.

Well, I put a lot of thought into the gifts from previous February 14ths but she didn't quite take to any of them like I assumed she would.

Here's my list - see what you think:

* Brand new mop and bucket.

I was thinking it would be fun to see what colour the floor was because I couldn't remember.

* Romantic dinner at fast food restaurant.

I was thinking that she might like to go inside for a change instead of fetching dinner at the drive through.

* Chocolates left-over from last year's candy box. I was thinking of how proud she'd be of me for not wasting food. She's been nagging me for years to recycle.

* Midnight moped ride through the park. I was thinking that I'm getting too old to be peddling on the bike.

* Dozen roses printed on high quality photo paper. I was thinking these would last a lifetime instead of just a week.

* 45 second back massage. I was thinking any longer and she might think I was interested in something else.

* Windows Vista. I was thinking how proud she would be to be a part of the technology crowd.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment